Basement Water Seepage - Times Beach, MO 63025
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.