Basement Seepage Repair - Times Beach, Missouri 63025
It is crucial to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.