Basement Seepage Repair - 63025
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.