Basement Seepage - Times Beach, Missouri 63025
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.