Basement Water Seepage - Times Beach 63025
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.