Basement Seepage Repair - Times Beach, Missouri 63025
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.