Basement Water Seepage - 63025
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.