Basement Seepage - Times Beach, MO 63025
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.