Basement Water Seepage - U City, Missouri 63130
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.