Basement Seepage - U City, Missouri 63130
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.