Basement Seepage Repair - U City 63130
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.