Basement Seepage Repair - Univ City, MO 63130
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.