Basement Seepage Repair - Univ City, MO 63130
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.