Basement Seepage Repair - Univ City 63130
It is crucial to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.