Basement Seepage Repair - Univ City, MO 63130
It is vital to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.