Basement Seepage Repair - Univ City, Missouri 63130
It is crucial to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.