Basement Seepage - Vigus, Missouri 63042
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.