Basement Water Seepage - Vigus, Missouri 63042
It is very important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.