Basement Water Seepage - Vigus, Missouri 63042
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.