Basement Water Seepage - Vigus, MO 63042
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.