Basement Water Seepage - Vigus, Missouri 63042
It is crucial to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.