Basement Seepage - Vigus, Missouri 63042
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.