Basement Seepage Repair - 63119
It is very important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.