Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood 63021
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.