Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, MO 63021
It is important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.