Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, Missouri 63021
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.