Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, Missouri 63021
It is important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.