Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, Missouri 63021
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.