Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, MO 63021
It is very important to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.