Basement Water Seepage - Woodson Terrace, Missouri 63134
It is crucial to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.