Basement Seepage Repair - Woodson Terrace, MO 63134
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.