Basement Water Seepage - Woodson Terrace, MO 63134
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.