Basement Seepage Repair - 63134
It is vital to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.